Skip to content
Understanding the Usage and Attitude for a major Tea Brand in India
The Scope –
- The client is a major FMCG manufacturer.
- They wanted to reinvent their major tea brand in India. Hence understanding the changing behavior of consumers was critical.
- Apart from reinventing the brand, the client wanted to understand in-depth how to make the next move in the tea category.
- Health was being considered as a critical positioning platform for the brand.
The Methodology –
- Focus Group Discussions with In-Shop visits to retail outlets evaluating tea brands (2 days) covering seven cities in West and North Markets of India.
- Quantitative Face to face in-home Usage and Attitude Study in 22 towns covering retailers and consumers. A total sample of 3500 consumers and 450 retailers.
The Outcome –
- The insights threw up the awareness of the brand, usage, and equity for major tea brands in India
- Using the path to purchase and decision-making process (including frequency of tea purchase, influencers, reasons to believe, etc.) the client was able to understand how the category has progressed over the last few years.
- Satisfaction and NPS of tea brands in India were uncovered with reasons thereof.
- Brand image, expectations in terms of innovation, communication was studied.