The Scope –
The client commissioned this study to capture meaningful insights on customer journey during the entire life cycle from acquisition to churn. The study aimed at the following –
- To gauge efforts at various customer touchpoints
- To monitor current customer service levels and benchmark with competition
- Identification of weaknesses in the processes & suggest improvement opportunities.
- Generation of cues for improving sales and retention
The Methodology –
- The product studied were :- Prepaid Mobile and Postpaid Mobile , Data Card
- Cities covered: 6 cities
- Combination of Mystery Shopping and Customer Life Cycle.
- The telephone numbers to be tested were acquired in the names of the Mystery auditors.
- Each number was carried through a customer life cycle wave – typically spread over 120 to 180 days.
- In each stage of the life cycle mystery, shoppers attempted different scenarios at various customer touchpoints to get a first-hand feel of services provided by client vis a vis competition
- Multiple Business Units and Customer touchpoints to be evaluated :- Call Center – All Inbound and Outbound activities, Branded Retail Outlets, MBOs.
The Outcome –
- The outcome of this research enabled the client to understand what the customer wants at each stage of their association with the client.
- Accordingly, service and products that were most suited to that stage were developed.