Skip to content
Product pack testing for a leading FMCG hair oil brand
The Scope –
- The client wanted to evaluate the best product pack concept amongst women in India who use Hair Oil sachets. (small SKU Users).
- The client realized that using hair oil sachets lead to significant product wastage as the amount in 1 sachet was slightly more than 1-time usage.
The Methodology –
- Total of 4 Focus Groups in Delhi streamed LIVE through Focus Vision to London
- The team wanted to test product packaging and innovative delivery options amongst women who use cumbersome hair oil sachets
- The product concept stimulus was shown as animations instead of a picture.
- This helped women to realize how the product would be used and benefits over a regular sachet.
- Consumers were selected on a random basis, based on brands they currently used, socio-economic class and usage of hair oil sachets.
- The animated stimulus made it very easy for the consumers to realize the benefits, and the winner product delivery option was selected.
The Outcome –
- Based on the insights generated in the research, the client was able to zero down to the best product delivery sachet as evaluated by the respondents.