Skip to content
Mapping the consumer journey in the derma care category
The Scope –
- The principal objective of this study was to precisely understand the whole journey a consumer goes through in various skin and hair related conditions.
- They also wanted to know the role of influences including dermatologists, peers, beauticians in the decision making while treating these skin disorders.
- Further home remedies as a separate category needed to be studied.
The Methodology –
- Ethnography research with consumers (sufferers of the conditions).
- In-depth interviews with influencers like chemists, dermatologists, and beauticians.
- A detailed journey mapping was done through ‘day in the life’ /ethnography research method, amongst sufferers of conditions like Acne, Pigmentation, and Hair problems.
The Outcome –
- Insights around the severity of the situation, first point of contact, treatment pathway – home remedies, chemists, and doctors were explored in detail.
- The research threw light on the need gaps of sufferers at each stage of the condition and the impact of influencers of brand decision making.