In a rapidly changing market scenario of FMCG products, Q&Q Research Insights Pvt. Ltd provides complete 360 degree services to the clients right from the need-gap identification to segmentation, market size estimation, brand equity measurement, pre and post concept-testing and post-launch feedback.
Our qualified team of researchers have the in-depth knowledge and category experience to understand client requirements and accordingly offer them customised research solutions. Depending upon the research objectives and clients need, we offer various quantitative or qualitative or hybrid research methodologies. We help you understand market trends and make business decisions to maintain a competitive edge.
Our core strength remains in delivering quality and insightful results in quick turnaround time.
We have conducted following types of the studies for our FMCG clientele in the past –
1. Home usage Test
2. Satisfaction measurement studies
3. Consumer Conversion and Churn Analysis
4. Usage and Attitude Studies
5. Brand Equity Measurement
a. Defining brand strategy
b. Identifying category dynamics,
c. Brand positioning
6. Concept and Ad Testing – Pre and Post
7. Segmentation Studies
Our client, a leading Indian tea producer was looking at re-designing its current pack of tea. Hence, they wanted to first understand complete usage and attitude towards the tea and in the second phase of the study intended to come out with the winner concept for their new pack design.
The study had following objectives -
- Tea usage behavior in India
- Understanding brand preference
- Reasons of brand preferences
- Evaluating the new packaging design shortlisted by the company and choosing the winner concept from the same
Sampling and Methodology :
Study was conducted across 6 regions in India- in Delhi, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Gujarat- both Urban &Rural. Over 1800 extensive quantitative interviewers were conducted with both users and non users of the brand distributed across these regions.
- The research shed light on the purchasing behavior of tea- brand, place of purchase, pack size, type etc.
- The study highlighted tea drinking habits- frequency, type (with/without milk/sugar), occasion etc.
- Current Brand preference and areas of satisfaction and improvements and willingness to switch to another brand
- It uncovered the importance of communication, & marketing activities which influenced the decision making process
- Lastly, it emphasized on the comparison between the current pack and new concepts , highlighting on positive and negative points of each separately and evaluating the new concepts to choose a winner concept
Our client, an Indian Media House was looking at formulating an in-depth media planning strategy which could be pitched to various biscuits manufacturers/marketeers for increasing sales of their brands in India.
For this purpose the study included:
- Understanding Usage and Attitude for Biscuit consumers
- Analyzing the drivers of purchase decision
- Categorization of Biscuits
- Brand preference and reasons
- Understanding various media channels for various purchase drivers
Sampling and Methodology: Study was conducted in Mumbai using FGD’s
- Emotional, Functional and rational moods of biscuit were established
- Impact of advertisements and other marketing activities on purchase decision were analyzed
- It revealed which category of biscuits is suitable for which occasion like tea time, small get together, travel, TV time, kid’s tiffin, and substitute to dessert etc.
- Age group preference for each of the categories of biscuits was established
- Brand preference for each category of biscuit was highlighted
- Media consumption patterns for various purchase drivers was uncovered
Our client - One of the leading Sanitary napkin manufacturers of Japan – needed to conduct a Home Usage test (HUT) and a qualitative study
- Evaluation of the test products on various attributes
- First period experience
- Body care habits during menstruation
- Major attributes looked for in a sanitary napkin
- Current brand usage – reasons
- Need gaps and challenges in previous brand
- Concerns with menstruations
Sampling and Methodology: Blind home usage test was conducted in Chennai and Kolkata followed by detailed in-depth interviews. Working females and students in SEC A & B, aged between 18 to 24yrs were selected to participate in the Home usage test through the rigorous screening process in Kolkata and Chennai. Respondents used two test brands of sanitary napkin for their one menstrual cycle and based the feedback on test products during the Home usage test – 12 respondents were selected to participate in the detailed In depth interviews.
- The study uncovered some interesting aspects related to the first period, how a typical menstrual day is considered, what to do, what not to do etc
- Body care regime during menstruation & disposal habit of used napkins
- The study revealed key attributes looked for in a Sanitary napkin
- Common Challenges faced during menstruation & key concerns associated with menstruation
- Study highlighted need gaps which our client could address through their product offerings
- Feedback on the test product helped the client to take action for further product improvement
Our client - One of the leading manufacturers of Japan in the area of Diaper & Sanitary napkin wished to explore the acceptability of low cost disposable diaper among current nonusers of disposable diaper in SEC C and SEC D
Study Objectives -
- To explore preferred types, shapes, functions/benefits
- To understand other impediments if any, for the selected non - disposable diaper
- To find out the acceptability of low cost Diapers among them
Sampling and Methodology: 400 Face to face interviews were conducted among the current nonusers of disposable Diapers in Sec C & D in Mumbai and Delhi. Based on the intention to purchase low cost diapers 16 respondents were selected for in-depth interviews through Home visits.
- Awareness & perception of various disposable diaper brands available in the market was understood among the Sec C & D.
- Acceptability of low cost diapers and their intention to purchase was found out
- Actual product samples were tested during the home visits and the insightful result on the same gave a clear plan of action to the client